• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
Сообщений в теме: 5

#1 Гость_Freiwillige_*

Гость_Freiwillige_*
  • Гость
  • 0 тем
    Last Visit

Отправлено 13 Октябрь 2010 - 06:23

Am I right assuming that this is a portrait of a member of early Romanian Airforce (Carol I pre-WW1 era)? His cap cockade is identical to the one attached below.

Mircea, could you please comment on his uniform type, rank, etc.?

#2 OFFLINE   ionionescu

ionionescu

Участник Форума

• Пользователь
  • Pip
  • 106 сообщений
  • 1 тем
    Last Visit 12 Июн 2015 17:31

Отправлено 13 Октябрь 2010 - 13:53

Yes, you are right, unfortunately I have no reference about that time period.
I can tell you this, Romanian Air Force was founded around 1910 and the first Romanian plane built at the ”Army Arsenal” and invented by Aurel Vlaicu (November 19, 1882 – September 13, 1913) flew at 17 June 1910.

Also the man in the photo looks like the Romanian inventor Aurel Vlaicu, here are two links: http://earlyaviators.com/evlaicu.htm and http://en.wikipedia....ki/Aurel_Vlaicu
This photo must be taken between 1910-1913

#3 OFFLINE   arich2011

arich2011

Новый участник Форума

• Пользователь
  • 30 сообщений
  • 1 тем
    Last Visit 25 Окт 2011 17:08

Отправлено 20 Август 2011 - 17:40

Am I right assuming that this is a portrait of a member of early Romanian Airforce (Carol I pre-WW1 era)? His cap cockade is identical to the one attached below.

In my opinion, he's not a member of early Romanian Airforce but a worker of CFR (Caile Ferate Romane) = Romanian Railways. Here is a link:
Моя ссылка
Pictures:
1. Engine driver Petre Theodosiu, 1820
2. Telegraph station Roman, C.C.Cauca, in full dress uniform, in 1910
3. French type cap with King Carol I cipher
4. French type cap with King Ferdinand I cipher

Прикрепленные файлы

#4 OFFLINE   arich2011

arich2011

Новый участник Форума

• Пользователь
  • 30 сообщений
  • 1 тем

Отправлено 22 Август 2011 - 20:12

Well, I think it's a M1892 full dress uniform, the kepi is dark blue with a black band ( I'm pretty sure it's not red; it doesn't look red) so the man can be neither "sef de statie" ("railway station chief" or something like that) nor "impiegat de miscare" ("traffic manager" or "train dispatcher") because their kepi is red with a black band. About rank I can't say anything because I see a star on his epaulletes instead of laces...

#5 OFFLINE   arich2011

arich2011

Новый участник Форума

• Пользователь
  • 30 сообщений
  • 1 тем

Отправлено 26 Август 2011 - 14:36

Many thanks for your comments!
As far as I don't understand Romanian could you please tell me if this could help us in identifying this man's rank (info from the website you gave a link to):

"Categoria statiei era evidentiata prin tipul tresei:
- clasa principala - tresa de aur de 20 mm;
- clasa I - tresa de aur de 15 mm;
- clasa a II-a - patru trese de aur de 3 mm;
- clasa a III-a - trei trese de aur de 3 mm;
- clasa a IV-a - doua trese de aur de 3 mm;
- clasa a V-a - o tresa de aur de 3 mm"

As for the type of uniform he wears - what is the Romanian name of the "full dress uniform" - mare...?

No, unfortunately it doesn't help. Those gold lace markings were used by railway station chiefs and they indicated the category of railway station:
- clasa principala (principal = глaвный; clasa = клacc) - one gold lace 20 mm( "tresa" (sg), "trese" (pl) = нaшивкa);
- 1st class - one gold lace 15 mm;
- 2nd class - 4 gold laces 3 mm;
- 3rd class - 3 gold laces 3 mm;
- 4th class - 2 gold laces 3 mm;
- 5th class - one gold lace 3 mm;
The man in the photo is not a railway station chief and he has a star, not gold laces on his epaulettes.
The Romanian name of the full dress uniform is "mare ținută" (ținută = фopмa).

#6 OFFLINE   arich2011

arich2011

Новый участник Форума

• Пользователь
  • 30 сообщений

Отправлено 27 Август 2011 - 12:01

No, he is a CFR employee. The emblem is not an earliest aeronautical badge but the emblem of CFR: "roata inaripata" (the winged wheel). I said that the man is not a railway station chief, he's not a traffic manager either (they wore a red cap) but he surely is a worker of CFR. The article doesn't provide us all the rank markings of the CFR employees, it only mentions a few gold lace markings of the railway station chiefs, that's all.

By the way, I read last year an article about the Romanian aviation, about the history of uniforms in Romanian Airforce (with photos) published in some Army review. I try to find it but it takes time.

ratisbons.com
Информационные страницы

Лучший Форум военных коллекционеров