Подборка фотографий лейтенанта ВВС
Отправлено 23 Май 2011 - 09:20
No.1 Wedding photo. What type of uniform he wears?
Отправлено 25 Май 2011 - 19:19
I found something about Slt. Ciobotă Irimin in the book ”From Barbarossa to Odessa vol.2 by Denes Bernad, Dimitry Karlenko, Jean-Luis Roba”,
I'd like to post here a grouping that belonged to the Locotenent aviator Cioboata I.Irimin.
but the name is not exactly the same, it may not be Locotenent aviator Cioboata I.Irimin.
IM0001.jpg 322,77К 54 скачиваний
No.1 Wedding photo. What type of uniform he wears?
1. yes, Clasa "Crucea de Aur"
Fragment with awards.
1. Ordinul Virtutea Aeronautică - Is it possible to say what grade? Clasa "Cruce de Aur"?
2. Ordinul Coroana României cu coroană, spade şi panglică de Virtute Militară, în grad de Cavaler - am I right?
3. Medalia Centenarul Regelui Carol I. The medal was instituted by Royal Decree on 5 May 1939 and awarded to prominent military and civilians, to holders of the Order of Michael the Brave and the Medal of Military Virtue and to the staff of the Ministry of National Defence.
4. German-style worn ribbon of ??? award. Any ideas?
5. Navigator badge on the upper left sleeve.
6. An aiguillette for the unit awarded one of the following awards: Ordinul Mihai Viteazul, Ordinul Virtutea Militara, Ordinul Virtutea Aeronautica or Ordinul Steaua României. Is it that aiguillette or just a part of a parade dress?
4. Ordinul Coroana României???
6. yes (he has Ordinul Virtutea Aeronautică), no it has nothing to do with parade uniform
It was posted here.
By the way, Mircea, you posted exact Romanian names for honorary aiguillettes, adjutant aiguillettes, etc. somewhere in this board, but unfortunately I can't find this info. Could you please repeat?
The eghilet (aiguillette) was worn on the right shoulder, at every uniform, by the following:
ofițer de intendență (quartermaster officer)
ofițer de stat major (staff officer)
grănicer (border guard)
gardă regală (royal guard)
The furajera (fourragere) was worn on the left shoulder, means that his unit was awarded one of the following awards: Ordinul Mihai Viteazul, Ordinul Virtutea Militara, Ordinul Virtutea Aeronautica or Ordinul Steaua Romaniei.
Locotenet Comandor Cioboata I. Irimin
Very interesting backside. As far as I understand it's a biography of this officer written by one of his relatives.
Mircea, translation, please!
născut la 11 Octombrie 1941 (1911??)
în comuna Gârcov județul Romanați
trecut în rezervă în 1946
decedat la 11 Aprilie 1977 la Ploiești
decorat în 1941 cu Virtutea Aeronautică
după ce a doborât 4 avioane sovietice
într-o bătălie aeriană la care a
asistat și mareșalul Ion Antonescu
În această bătălie avionul lui a
fost lovit și a luat foc el a
fost împușcat în mâna dreaptă și
s-a salvat cu parașuta aterizând
în liniile românești.
S-a căsătorit în 21 aprilie 1942
Băiatul lui I. Cioboata, Gabriel Cioboata
Lieutenant Commander Cioboata I. Irimin
born October 11, 1941 (maybe 1911?)
in Gârcov village, Romanati County
forcefully retired in 1946
died on April 11, 1977 in Ploiesti
decorated in 1941 with Aeronautical Virtue
after shooting down four Soviet planes
in an aerial battle that
was witnessed by Marshal Ion Antonescu
In this battle, his plane
was hit and caught fire, he
was shot in his right hand, and
he saved himself by parachute, landing
in the Romanian lines.
He married in April 21, 1942
The boy of I. Cioboata, Gabriel Cioboata
Сообщение отредактировал ionionescu: 26 Май 2011 - 14:54
Отправлено 26 Май 2011 - 21:37
I must say the rank of "Locotenent Comandor" was his rank in 1977 when he died.
Many thanks, Mircea!
Couple of questions:
1. What is that strange rank - "Locotenent Comandor"?
In the photo he has the rank of ”Locotenent”.
I hope the chart below clarifies the things a bit.
Grade Militare - Aeronautica Regală Ramână.JPG 183,83К 65 скачиваний
His name is pronounced as it is written, CIOBOATA (CI-O-BOA-TA).
2. How do you pronounce his name, like it's written? Could you please transcribe? Chioboata?
Отправлено 31 Май 2011 - 15:59
It is difficult to explain how to pronounce the letter ”C” because in this case, it is not pronounced ”s”, ”k” or ”ch”.
Mircea, being not familiar with Romanian pronunciation I'd like to know how is the first letter pronounced in order to transcribe his name in Russian correctly. So, does it sound like "S", "K" or "Ch"? I mean in English "c" is pronounced "s" in the word "cell", "k" in "catalogue", etc. That is what I meant
No.7 At the airfield.
Nice photos, behind them, it is an I.A.R. built, Savoia Marchetti ”J.R.S. 79B” bomber airplane.
No.8 Different view of the same group headed by Locotenent aviator Cioboata I.Irimin.
Отправлено 06 Июнь 2011 - 20:56
Cluj, Octombrie 1939/ cu Lt. Lipovan Gh.(eorghe) și Slt. Tmiuc Radu
Backside of the previous photo.
Cluj, October 1939/ with Lt. Lipovan Gh.(eorghe) and Slt. Tmiuc Radu
Aprilie 1941/ La Popești Leordeni pentru navigație radio-electrică/ Slt. Cioboată I.
Backside of the photo.
April 1941/ At Popești Leordeni for radio-electric navigation/ Slt. Cioboată I.
Yes, its the same.
Writing on the back, same as the previous one.
Сообщение отредактировал ionionescu: 06 Июнь 2011 - 20:58